CANADA PHARMACIST JOB SEARCH SITES
Key Accountabilities of clinical pharmacist in canada
- Performs all activities related to the Pharmacist’s role in drug distribution and the supervision and checking of activities of Pharmacy Technicians.
- Performs medication order entry, pharmacotherapy monitoring including antibiotic stewardship, pain management etc.
- On an informal basis, assesses and plans departmental activities and objectives.
- Provides education and drug information to Nursing, Medical and Pharmacy staff as necessary.
- Assists with the orientation of new staff.
- Assists the Manager, Pharmacy with the selection of drugs to recommend for inclusion in the Hospital Formulary.
- Prepares reports and submissions for consideration by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at the request of the Manager, Pharmacy.
- Maintains and enhances professional competence by journal reading, preparation of lectures, attendance at educational programs, etc.
- Participates in the Hospital and Departmental Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement Programs.
- Participates on various committees as required, eg. P&T, Accreditation Teams, Operational committees.
- Regular and punctual attendance is a requirement of this position.